Who we are
Our website address is: https://www.findmenearby.com.au.
Scope and Consent Find Me Nearby (“Find Me Nearby”) is the operator of Find Me Nearby.com.au (“the Site”). This Privacy Notice describes:
- the personal information we collect and how we use that information
- when we might disclose your personal information; and
- how we keep and protect your personal information.
Global Privacy Standards Find Me Nearby is part of the Race Group. Our group has global privacy standards. They are our commitment to protect your personal information and honour our privacy obligations wherever your personal information is collected, processed or kept within our corporate family.
Collection We collect, process and retain personal information from you and any devices (including mobile devices) you use when you: register for an account with us, use our Services, give us information on a web form, update or add information to your account, join community discussions, chats or dispute resolution or when you otherwise contact us.
Use and Retention We use your personal information to: provide and improve our Services, give you a personalised experience on our sites, contact you, provide customer service, provide you with personalised advertising and marketing, including marketing from third parties, and detect, prevent and investigate fraud and/or other illegal activities.
Choice You choose how we use your personal information to communicate with you.
Access You can access and correct your personal information.
Disclosure We may share your personal information with other companies in our group and third parties to provide you with our Services, to comply with the law, to enforce our policies, to enable our marketing and advertising activities, or to prevent, detect, mitigate and investigate fraud or other illegal activities. We don’t give your personal information to third parties for their marketing and advertising purposes unless you give us permission.
Security We protect your information using technical and administrative security measures.
Important Information This section sets out some important information about your use of our Services.
Questions or Complaints If you have a question or a complaint about this Privacy Notice or our privacy practices, you can write to: Race Group, 30 Belmont Avenue, Clayton 3168 Victoria (Australia)
We collect information using cookies, web beacons and similar technologies including:
- When you register for an account: Information such as your name, addresses, telephone numbers, email addresses or user ID (where applicable) when you register for an account with us
- When we verify you or your account: we may collect and process information (as permitted by law) to authenticate you or your account, or to verify the information that you provided to us
- When you transact on or use our Services: such as when you post an ad, reply to an ad, communicate with us or other users, information you provide for the Services that you use or during a transaction or other transaction-based content. We may also collect your financial information (such as credit card or bank account numbers) if you buy a feature from us or are required to pay fees to us
- When you engage with our community: such as when you submit a web form or participate in community discussions or chats
- When you interact with your account: such as updating or adding information to your account, adding items to alerts lists and saving searches. Sometimes you may also give us your age, gender, interests and favourites
- When you contact us: such as through a web form, chat or dispute resolution or when we otherwise communicate with each other. We may also record our calls with you (if we have your consent to do so)
Marketing Communications. If you don’t want to receive marketing communications from us, you can unsubscribe via the link in the email you received. Registered users may also unsubscribe via the communication preferences options in their profiles.
Push Notifications. Upon download of certain Services, you are provided the option to opt into receiving push notifications from Find Me Nearby on your device and within the application. We send you push notifications from time-to-time to (a) inform you of service related messages, (b) communicate messages from others in the Find Me Nearby community and (c) update you about any events or promotions that we may be running. If you no longer wish to receive notifications from us, you can, where applicable, change your preferences by logging into your account or by disabling notifications in your device settings. To ensure you receive proper notifications, we will need to collect certain information about your device such as operating system and user identification information.
You can see, review and change your personal information by signing in to your account. Please update your personal information immediately if it changes or is inaccurate.
Once you make a public posting, you may not be able to change or remove it. If you ask us to, we will close your account and remove your personal information from view as soon as reasonably possible, based on your account activity and as required under applicable national laws.
We will honour your right to request access to, or modification or deletion of, your personal information. We may have the right to withhold that access or refuse to modify or erase your personal information under applicable national laws, but we will give you reasons if we do so. To contact us about access and to find out if any fees apply, please contact Customer Service.
We disclose your information to our corporate family members, who may use it to:
- provide joint content and services (like registration, transactions and customer support)
- offer you personalised advertising
- guide decisions about their products, sites, applications, services, tools and marketing communications. Other group companies will not send you marketing communications unless you have consented to receiving their communications
We may disclose your information to third-parties:
- third party financial institution partners who may offer financial products to you, for them to provide joint content and services (such as registration, transactions and customer support). These third party financial institution partners will use your personal information to send you marketing communications only if you have requested their services
- Other third parties when you have given consent to share your information via Find Me Nearby
We may disclose your information to law enforcement and other parties in connection with the law, including:
- law enforcement or governmental agencies, or authorised third-parties, in response to a verified request regarding a criminal investigation, alleged or suspected illegal activity, or any other activity that may expose us, you or any of our users to legal risk
- participants of the Find Me Nearby “Verified Rights Owners Program” under confidentiality agreement, if we decide that it is necessary to disclose that information in connection with an investigation of fraud, intellectual property infringement, piracy or other unlawful activity
- credit agencies or bureaus as authorised by applicable national laws
- third parties commencing, or involved in, a legal proceeding if they provide us with a subpoena, court order or similar legal document
If you’re looking for more help or have a question to ask, please contact our help desk.