Harvest Road Group’s vision is to deliver Australia’s best sustainable produce to the world. We are an expanding agri-food business with a growing portfolio of fine food and beverage brands for domestic and international markets, exporting to over 40 countries. We are a family-owned business committed to improving animal welfare and strives towards industry leadership throughout a vertically integrated beef business and our aquaculture operations.
Balfour Downs is situated in the East Pilbara region of Western Australia, approximately 60km from the indigenous community of Jigalong, 175km from the township of Newman and 1,360km north of Perth.
The recent acquisition of this station by Harvest Road Group included approximately 12,000 head of cattle, predominantly Brahman with some Droughtmaster cattle. The property features modern infrastructure including a newly built homestead, staff quarters, sheds and 3,000 head capacity steel cattle yards.
Harvest Road has an exciting permanent opportunity for an energetic Bore Runner to join our tight-knit team based at Balfour Downs Station in the East Pilbara region of WA.
The successful applicant will be responsible for maintaining all livestock watering points throughout the station, maintaining equipment, pumps, stock waters, fences, reporting any livestock issues to management and livestock handling.
** Potential for available work for a partner completing a similar role or part-time domestic and/or cooing duties, couples are encouraged to apply.
**Applicants must have the right to live and work in Australia. No dogs allowed.**
Key responsibilities include:
- Monitoring and maintaining livestock waters
- Maintaining and servicing pumps
- Maintaining fences
- Observing stock, reporting any issues to management
- Livestock handling
Our ideal candidate will have:
- Strong attention to detail
- Solar, electric submersible and mono bore experience is well regarded
- Demonstrate commitment to safe working practices and animal welfare at all times
- Experience with cattle animal husbandry
- HR, HC or MC license
- Machinery experience (grader, loader, telehandler)
- Previous experience in a similar role
- Manual driver’s license
- Initiative and problem-solving skills
- Able to work autonomously or as part of a team
- Motivated and hard-working, willing to be part of the Harvest Road team culture
- Possess efficient fitness level
- Pass a National Police Clearance and pre-employment medical assessment
What’s in it for you?
- Attractive remuneration package for the right candidate based on skill level
- Training opportunities available to the right applicant
- Accommodation, with couple accommodation available
- All meals
- Wifi available
- 5 weeks annual leave
Please Apply by visiting the Harvest Road careers page at www.harvestroad.com
Harvest Road embraces Equal Opportunity and promotes diversity. We actively encourage Aboriginal & Torres Strait Islanders, people of all backgrounds, ages, sexual orientation, and those with Disability to apply.